Czas trwania – 5 dni
Informacje o szkoleniu
This five-day, hands-on course gives you the skills to deliver virtual desktops and applications through a single virtual desktop infrastructure platform. This course builds your skills in installing, configuring, and managing VMware Horizon® 7 through a combination of lecture and hands-on labs. You will learn how to configure and deploy pools of virtual machines, how to manage access and security of the machines, and how to provide a customized desktop environment to end users.
Co warto wiedzieć przed szkoleniem?
Customers attending this course should have, at a minimum, the following VMware infrastructure skills:
Use VMware vSphere® Web Client to view the state of virtual machines, datastores, and networks.
Open a virtual machine console on VMware vCenter Server® and access the guest operating system.
Create snapshots of virtual machines.
Configure guest customization specifications.
Modify virtual machine properties.
Convert a virtual machine into a template.
Deploy a virtual machine from a template.
Attendees should also have the following Microsoft Windows system administration experience:
Configure Active Directory services, including DNS, DHCP, and time synchronization.
Restrict users’ activities by implementing Group Policy objects.
Configure Windows systems to allow Remote Desktop Connections.
Build an ODBC connection to an SQL Server database.
Dla jakiej grupy odbiorców jest dedykowane szkolenie?
Technical personnel who work in the IT departments of end-customer companies and people who are responsible for the delivery of remote or virtual desktop services.
By the end of the course, you should be able to meet the following objectives:
• Recognize the features and benefits of VMware Horizon
• Install and configure View Connection Server
• Create and optimize Windows VMs to create VMware Horizon desktops
• Describe the purpose of Horizon Agent
• Compare the remote display protocols that are available in VMware Horizon
• Configure and manage the Horizon Client systems and connect the client to a VMware Horizon desktop
• Configure, manage, and entitle automated pools of full VMs
• Configure, manage, and entitle pools of instant-clone desktops and linked-clone desktops
• Install and configure View Composer
• Outline the steps and benefits for using TLS CA signed certificates in VMware Horizon environments
• Use the role-based delegation to administer a VMware Horizon environment
• Configure secure access to VMware Horizon desktops
• Understand and create Remote Desktop Services (RDS) desktops and application pools
• Install and configure VMware App VolumesTM to deliver and manage applications
• Deploy VMware Dynamic Environment Manager for user and application management
• Install and configure a Just-in-Time Management Platform (JMP) server for managing JMP components
• Describe VMware Dynamic Environment ManagerTM Smart Policies
• Use the command-line tools available in View to back up and restore the required VMware Horizon databases
• Manage the performance and scalability of a VMware Horizon deployment
• Identify the benefits of the Cloud Pod Architecture feature for large-scale VMware Horizon deployments